Storage Made New
The Samsung Portable SSD T5 helps to boost data transfer speeds to the next level and unleashes a new experience in external storage. With a compact and durable design and password protection, the T5 is truly easy to carry and is designed to store data securely.
Fast transfer speeds
With Samsung V-NAND flash memory and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface, the T5 provides transfer speeds of up to 540 MB/s*, thatâs up to 4.9x faster than most external HDDs**. Transfers and backups of large-sized data including 4K videos and high-resolution photos should be much quicker and faster than most external HDDs.
"* Performance may vary depending on host configuration. To reach maximum transfer speeds of 540 MB/s, the host device and connection cables must support USB 3.1 Gen 2 and the UASP mode must be enabled. ** Based on internal test results compared to a Samsung external HDD 500GB. Test system configuration: AsusÂ® Strix Z270E Gaming motherboard, IntelÂ® Coreâ¢ i5-7600 @3.5 GHz, DDR4 1066 MHz 4GB, OS-WindowsÂ® 10 x64, Performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark 5.2.1"
The top to bottom metal design and rounded unibody is designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. The T5 comes in two distinct aluminum finishes - an alluring blue for 250GB and 500GB models, and a deep black for 1TB and 2TB models.*
* 1 GB=1,000,000,000 bytes, 1 TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Lower capacity may be demonstrated by your computer due to use of a different measurement standard.
Compact and light
Smaller than the average business card, weighing just 51 grams and only 10.5 mm thick. The compact, light and slim T5 is the perfect portable storage.
Solid inside and out
Stay worry-free. The T5 has no moving parts and a sturdy metal body, so it can handle most drops of up to 2 meters*. The optional password protection with AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure*. Itâs all confidently backed by a 3-year limited warranty**.
* The internal free fall shock test was conducted under controlled conditions. ** For more information on the warranty, please visit www.samsung.com/au/support
The T5 comes embedded with new intuitive software for the latest PCs and Macs* to easily set the password and get the latest firmware updates. You can also download the mobile app for compatible Android smartphones and tablets.**
* Software requires Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Android 4.4 (KitKat), or higher. Older versions of the Windows, Mac and Android operating systems may not be supported. Please find the full list of compatible devices on www.samsung.com/t5. **Firmware update requires PC or MAC connection. Android app available on Google Play.
Connect with ease
Connect the T5 to an extensive range of devices from PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices.* The included USB Type-Câ¢ to C cable and USB Type-C to A cable give you seamless connectivity without the hassle of purchasing additional adapters.**
* Compatibility with host devices may vary. Some operating systems may require T5 reformatting. Please find the compatible devices list on www.samsung.com/t5. ** T5 is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
Ready anytime, anywhere
Carry your work and entertainment with you. The Portable SSD T5 gives you simple and convenient access to your massive data to help you complete tasks quickly and on the move. Take along your documents, large-sized photos or videos, and get things done wherever you go.
* Samsung Electronics Australia Pty LTD and any related company shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to loss of data or other information contained on Samsung Electronics products or loss of profit or revenue which may be incurred by user.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.