You have no items in your shopping cart.
The ThinkSystem RAID 530 family are entry-level 12 Gb SAS/SATA internal RAID adapters that offer a cost-effective RAID solution for small to medium business customers. These cacheless adapters support RAID levels 0/1/10/5/50, and include an extensive list of RAS and management features.
This product guide provides essential presales information to understand the ThinkSystem RAID 530-4i and 530-8i adapters and their key features, specifications, and compatibility. This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the adapters and consider their use in IT solutions.
- PCIe 3.0 x8 host interface
- 12 Gbps SAS/SATA RAID controllers, based on the Broadcom MegaRAID 9440 adapter family
- Cacheless (not upgradeable)
- Connectivity for up to 4, or 8 internal SAS or SATA drives
- Support for intermixing SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs. Mixing SAS and SATA drives in the same array is not supported. Mixing of HDDs and SSDs in the same array is not supported
- Support for intermixing of 12 Gbps and 6 Gbps drives
- Support for RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 50 standard (The 530-4i supports only RAID 0, 1 in the SN550 and RAID 0, 1, 10, 5 in the SN850 because those blade servers only support two and four drives respectively)
- Support for JBOD (non-RAID) drive state
- Support for up to 64 virtual disks, up to 128 arrays, up to 16 virtual disks per array
- Support for logical drive sizes greater than 2 TB
- Fixed 64 KB stripe size
- Supports 512e, 512n and 4K sector formatted drives
- Compliant with Disk Data Format (DDF) configuration on disk (CoD)
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- Configuration through
- XClarity Provisioning Manager UEFI interface
- XClarity Controller web interface
- XClarity Administrator Configuration Patterns
- StorCLI command-line interface
- LSI Storage Authority (LSA) GUI interface
- UEFI Human Interface Infrastructure (HII)